Be careful Y'all! Even pretty things can burn you! Sometimes literally!
Here are some tips and tricks to get the best and safest burn from your candles.
- Before lighting your candle for the first time, make sure you have 3-4 hours available to burn your candle. Please keep in mind that lit candles should not be left unattended. This has always been a tough rule for me to follow! I get a new candle and I want to light it right away BUT this is one of the most important steps. Doing this will allow for you candle to burn evenly.
- Ensure that your candle is placed on a flat, flame retardant surface, and away from children, pets, drafts, or anything flammable i.e. curtains, furniture, clothing, plants, etc. Please also ensure that all packaging is clear of the flame.
- Almost time to light your candle... When lighting your candle for the first time, and every time thereafter, trim the wick to 1/4 - 1/8 of an inch.
- Time to light it! Each time you light your candle you want to burn it until you've achieved a full "melt pool"; this is when the wax is melted to the glass all the way around the container. This step is to avoid "tunneling". "Tunneling" is when the candle burns a tunnel down and around the wick, leaving the wax closest to the jar walls untouched. Following this step also allows for the perfect amount of aroma to be released.
- As mentioned before, keep your wick trimmed to 1/4". Keep in mind that mushrooming may occur and it's not a problem! It simply means that there is carbon build-up on the wick; maybe from the candle burning for a long period of time or perhaps there was a draft in the room while it was burning.
- Protect your candle from extreme temperatures (too hot or too cold) if your candle melts or sweats; allow it to harden and then burn as usual.
- Once your candle has reached a depth of a 1/2" of wax it's time discard the wax, clean out the container and reuse it as you please.
- Soy Wax has memory. If your candle is extinguished prior to allowing a full melt pool, all future melt pools will not go past the first one.
- Keep the wick trimmed to approximately 1/4”.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended or within reach of flammable objects, children, pets, etc.
- Do not burn more than 4 hours at a time.
- When 1/2” wax remains, discontinue use.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device